Thursday, November 29, 2012

おんがく.

Having a relaxing late night with music playing in my ears! It seriously feels so so so good. Just done with my Japanese Language exam this evening and had the privilege to watch the sky turn dark from the exam hall. I was reminded by Leslie that I should thank my lucky stars because I am able to study, able to take annoying exams and able to be suffering from a tremendous amount of stress. HAHA I kid, I don't really feel stress over anything. My +ve thinking fairy dust gets me through. So, being able to do all that is really a privilege. I had so so many chances to make it work in this stifling education system and I should not just slacken right? I mean, there's no Kairos anymore in university so I just have to bring out the genius in me. HAHA I kid again. Primary school to Secondary school, I scraped a 243 which was the cut off for the school I wanted to go to. During my entire 4 years of Secondary school, I honestly don't know what I was doing. Okay, I know. I just did everything other than studying and got a terrible 17 which got me in the bottom 5%. Nope, that didn't wake me up. Managed to still head to a JC but literally slept through the first year. Hello Kairos and 3 years in JC. Thank goodness i have over a 100 comrades so i felt cool....something i believe no Kairos should feel HAHA. Well, I guessed that's when I started to 'wake up'. & met my knight in shining armor as well heh. Aft that, managed to stay away from getting Us and actually head into a U. Not exactly what people would call the path of a Singaporean student because I didn't exactly get stellar grades all the way and attend top schools. But am glad that I kind of got to head this way. Definitely not because of the stigma that it's the 'right path' or whatsoever. I actually think that I chose to go down this route. Either I'm a real nerd or .... I'm a real nerd. I look at people from all walks of life achieving their own goals and such, some not even holding on to certs. I respect that academics are not everything. But somehow, for me, I find this path oddly settling. The 5% dork in me still clings on to the idea that it is very relevant. At least for someone like me. Sure of this path but I'm still unsure of what's coming next. My mind's in a blank but I'll figure. I hope.